- Best Buy is charging $100 more for the stainless steel version of their top-of-the-line refrigerator than for the white version.
- The Sub-Zero fridge that Consumer Reports rated fifth costs $1,500 more for traditional steel versus the normal package.
- Glass-fronted white refrigerators are all the rage in Europe, according to Consumer Reports.
- Whirlpool has a new Ice Collection line of appliances available in black or white.
- White kitchens are consistently popular and a safe choice for those afraid of too much color or afraid of making a fashion faux pas when decorating their home.
- White represents cleanliness and will not clash with other colors.
- HGTV and other television carpentry and remodel shows are beginning to put white appliances back in.
Does your North Fork Home have white Appliances?
Are White Appliances Making a Comeback in North Fork Homes? Move over stainless steel appliances, white is coming back with a vengeance! After many frustrating attempts to clean fingerprints, hand smudges and doggy-tail brush marks from those stainless steel appliances, owners of homes are starting to ask for white appliances again; only this time in higher quality materials and looks. According to a recent Consumer Report posted by Daniel DiClerico from the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show in Chicago, stainless steel’s dominance of the large-appliance colors could be waning. White may be the new shiny gray. Why is white making a comeback? Partially because of the normal shelf-life of trends; they change about every ten years. Here are seven more reasons white appliances are trending: